Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 31 - Gratitude

This "place"--blogland--is indeed a good place to hide the ugly and show the pretty. I find myself really good at hiding behind pictures of my sweet kids and stories of adventures in homemaking. So although I will not bare my soul to you, dear anonymous reader, I do want to make perfectly clear that I am a mess. A sinner. A wretched person. Beastly. And the grace of God is all that gets me through this life. My theme word for this year is grow. Let's hope for some growth today...and that Eric would extend grace to me.

Have you guessed that yesterday was not the most fabulous? Well, even better then that I must find 5 things to be thankful for.

1. I saw a snake slither across my path when I was with the boys in the woods. I did not scream. I did not run. I quickly tried to point it out to them and watched where it went. THAT my friends, is coming from someone who has worked for decades to overcome a deep, deep terror of those creatures. I think we have progress!!

2. Some beauty observed and an attempt to capture it after my monstrous moments.


3. Watching Kai try to catch frogs on the edge of the pond.

4. My counters are clean again! How quickly I had forgotten that an audiobook makes dreaded chores pass quickly. There was no avoiding the pot of refried bean juice that was stinking up the whole house last night...however, I did manage to procrastinate cleaning it until 9:45 p.m. I'm so bad at things like that!

5. My friend and neighbor, Kathy, who wanted my opinion on her new cabinet pulls as they finish redoing their kitchen. I love to visit with her and see her delight in the new beauty of her home.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: