Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Day 23 (again) - Gratitude

It's a quiet morning. My internet service is running again. My tea is brewing. All good things on this Tuesday...to reflect on Monday.

Oh, my. Let's just say I'm thankful for God's never-failing grace. I thought I was doing better at this mom thing, but when Kai overheard me tell Eric on the phone that I might ship them all off to Siberia, he asked me why I keep talking about selling them and it pierced my heart...rightly so too! Sarcasm has always been a huge failing in my life and I KNOW it can wound, so I will once again pick up my cross and try again...carefully.

Now for my 5 things to be grateful for:

1. The fun of a three foot tall box/grey tape/paper mache Trojan horse model that is now in the kitchen (and seems perfectly normal in our house!). Kai and I think the Littles just might come and hang out in it some night.


2. Zane's exclamation of "Dat's Fun!" for anything remotely "fun" in a two-year old's eyes: Running fast, going over a hill while riding in the van, cutting his pickle, finding himself in his self-made-I-find-Zane hide and seek game...really cute!

3. Laundry back on track...Mondays are my main wash-the-clothes days now and I got all 7 loads washed and most folded--still have to put away so my folding table does not turn into our dresser again!

4. Crock Pot Chicken.


5. I have so much, yet deserve so little. I'm thankful to know that for a fact and am overwhelmed with gratitude to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Well, if you made it through all that, I would love it if you would pray for me this week for patience and love toward my children and for putting the needs of others (especially them) before myself.

And one more thing totally off subject...I'm hosting the first giveaway on my blog for one of the cool hair clips I now am a consultant for through Lilla Rose. If you want to enter you can check out this post. There are only two entries so far so your chances of winning are great :) !

No comments: