Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 35 - Gratitude

The 35th day of Lent...a Monday. Will it? Can it?...be good? I started the day standing in the shower praying again for grace and patience in my roll as a momma. That I would be quick to listen and slow to anger. God answered that prayer...but made me work at it! At one point I asked the children if we could please just go FIVE whole minutes without someone crying.

Between a huting, almost-out, loose tooth, eyes that simply couldn't 'see' to finish writing one sentence of copywork and Zane really wanting to swing 'ou-side', it was a challenge they couldn't quite meet. However, we did all survive the day with semi-cheerful hearts, school work finished, the house tidied a bit and some free time in the afternoon to boot!

Through all of that...here are five things I'm grateful for:

1. Grace! (I've said that one before, but it's truly the theme of my life)
2. The idea for Kai's "morning routine" cards to keep him focused on getting going.
3. Elena no longer lets perfectionism keep her from starting a new sketch...she drew a beautiful bluejay with a farm in the background.
4. So many friends on our new T-ball team! It's going to be a fun season.
5. Clean sheets on everyone's bed! (Another thing I'm not so hot at doing regularly).

No comments: