Sunday, April 25, 2010

Intro to A Week in the Life...

of our Homeschool Family. This could be interesting, could be boring...guess we'll have to see how the week plays out! One way or the other, this week's posts will be the most "diary-ish" I've done. Why? Well, the most common response I get after telling someone that we homeschool is "Oh, wow, you're brave. I could never do that!". And I guess I want to document the fact that our life probably isn't that much different than those who choose to send their kiddos to school outside the home. Or maybe it is! You tell me...but I don't really see myself (or ourselves) as "brave". Just following a calling, so maybe a better word would be "faithful". Or "attempting to be faithful". Yeah, that sounds better.

If you are unfamiliar with our crew, here's the lineup: Eric, our fearless leader, able to track and kill voles unlike any other. Resa, that's me, of course, practically perfect in every way (ha). Elena, our seven year old drama queen who loves soccer, spelling and having two brothers (ha again)...she's wrapping up first grade. Kai, 5 year old, rough & tumble, happiest playing with ropes, jokester of a b.o.y. He'll start Kindergarten in the fall. And baby Zane, 13 months, quiet, cute, our baby dinosaur.

Anyway, I'm just home from a weekend get-a-way with some girlfriends (yay!) and getting back into the groove by doing some of my favorite things...ya know, mediating arguments, sweeping the kitchen floor, pulling frozen pancakes out of the freezer for a quick supper (complete with popsicles)...etc. So until tomorrow...

No comments: