Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hearts are Healing IV

Kori was supposed to be released this morning! Yay! She and Doug have a "permanent" place lined up starting Nov. 1, but have found temporary housing until then. Here is the latest update from her family and below you'll find a couple I missed straight from Kori:

Oct. 22 9:45 (CST)
Posted 9 hours ago

We weren't able to reach Kori by phone last night, but we assume she is still to be released today. Doug's sister Holly and a special visitor are flying to Salt Lake City on Friday. You might have already guessed that the special visitor is Kourtney. That will be exciting for Kori and Kourtney, also. Thanks, Holly. Kori's sister Kim will fly to Salt Lake on Sunday. Then, Doug, Kourtney and Holly will return to Kansas on Monday and Kim will stay. We are excited by Kori's progress. We still hope that she will be able to return home, even if just for a short while. Many have asked about the training to become a caregiver for Kori. We still don't know when that will be, but we will get the word out as soon as we know.

The prayers, encouragment and the fund raising efforts have been remarkable. Again, words can't begin to express our gratitude. Please continue to pray for Kori, Doug and Kourtney. They still have miles to go before their lives return to some semblance of normal.


October 19, 2008

Posted Oct 19, 2008 7:19pm

This is Kori, typed by Doug. I want to Thank everyone for all of the thoughts, prayers and cards. I also want to give a big THANKS for everyone and all of the fundraising activities that you are doing in Kansas. I am feeling good and up walking around. Physical therapy is kicking my butt. I hope that everyone has a very good halloween and please trick or treat for me. I know that there will be no way to repay everyone for what they have done for me and my family and I really appreciate everything that is happening for us.

October 20, 2008

Posted 2 days ago

This is Kori again. I was able to go on my outing today. We ate at the Macaroni Grill and then went to a spa and had a massage, pedicure and my hair washed. It was wonderful. I also received a lot of cards today. I want to thank the students at Felten Middle School that had Angie Stieben send their cards to me. Tomorrow I will get discharged and access to a computer will be tougher. Most of the updates will probably come from someone else that we talk with. Once again I want to Thank everyone for everything they have done for me and my family.

No comments: