Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fun Cake Month

October has been a fun cake month for me. Weddings are done for the year and I'm back to birthdays and other special occasions! Here are most of them from the last 4 weeks:

Actually delivered this one this morning for a retirement party. I really liked doing a fun theme for an adult! And the cotton "smoke" is my favorite part, though Eric thought I shouldn't put it on since it isn't edible. Okay, so next time I'll find some white cotton candy!


This was a simple boy baby shower...I've done one before with the onesie made of fondant. Around the cake I wrote: Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, THAT'S what little boys are made of!


Ooh-la-la! If you haven't seen the Fancy Nancy books for little girls you should check them out! So cute! This cake had sparkles, swags, swirls, flowers and even glitter on the mini cupcakes. Each little girl at the party was getting a cupcake on her tea saucer while the moms got the big cake...I thought that was funny (smart mommies)!


Love this type of theme for any age girly birthday! My favorite colors and the flavors on this one were chosen after the customer had some of her neice's wedding cake I made: coconut cake with whipped chocolate ganache filling and buttercream icing. Yummy!


And here's Barbi in all her swirly splendor! Actually doll cakes are a pain in the you-know-what, but the little gals just love them and they are sure fun to look at!



Hope your mouth is watering now...I've always got cake in the freezer if you happen to stop by!

No comments: