Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 20 - Gratitude

Eight years ago today, our first baby was born! Happy Birthday Elena girl! My thankful thoughts today were often centered around her precious life. She is indeed "fearfully and wonderfully made" as the heart pendant we gave her reads from Psalm 139.

1. The Barbie house was a big hit: "Cool! Awesome! This is the best birthday ever!"

2. Birthday portraits for all three were more than marginally successful...AND I didn't get all sweaty trying to decide what to order. (Usually a moment of sheer torture for me!)

3. Our whole family laughing together over dinner...genuine twinkles in the eyes.

4. My life is hid with Christ on high!

5. Eight years of adventure with Elena in our life!

At nine days old:

Today, turning 8!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Happy Birthday to Elena! I can see why she loves the Barbie house-- it looks just like what my sisters like!