Sunday, February 28, 2010

God's Hand in Haiti

One of the many teams of people that have packed up and went to Haiti to help is a group led by some friends from our church, Vox Dei Community. As I read their updates today, I couldn't help but imagine what it must be like to see such massive devastation and loss. Would the feeling of helplessness overwhelm me more if I was right there in the midst of it all? That I don't know, but it's here in my heart while I sit wrapped in my comfy blanket, sitting in my cushy office chair.

Praying for them and the Haitian people, I sensed that the help my friends are doing during their 7(?) days there is God's hand directly helping those he puts in their path. The workers at the hospital they are staffing will help many more people these seven days than they could without them. The babies they rock to sleep at night will have experienced that many more nights of loving touch as their lives unfold. The children they pass out clean water and a bit of candy for a treat will have that many more glimpses of love and joy.

Please pray for my friends, for Haiti, and now for the people of Chile as well. You can follow my friends' journey on their update blog HERE. I believe their trip is wrapping up and they will be heading home this Tuesday.

No comments: