Friday, July 23, 2010

Simply Charlotte Mason Conference in KC

Since school days are right around the corner I've been having fun shopping and setting up shop for our first official year of having two kiddos in our homeschool. We've adopted the Charlotte Mason methodology/approach and it is working very well for our family.

Charlotte Mason Method: A method of education popular with homeschoolers in which children are taught as whole persons through a wide range of interesting living books, firsthand experiences and good habits. (from Simply Charlotte Mason)

I've found most of my info on "doing school" the CM way in books or online....so you can imagine my excitement when I ran across a CM Conference scheduled in Kansas City next month! It's a 2-day seminar, Friday, August 20 and Saturday, August 21. In my opinion, a lot of the CM method can or could be adapted to any homeschool, regardless of your curriculum choice. So, if you'd like to join me, click here to go to the registration page--the deadline is August 16. I'd love your company!

No comments: