Saturday, December 06, 2008

Holiday Cakes!

Some Thanksgiving turkey anyone?

LinkI had been wanting to make this cake for a couple of years...it was one of the first cool things I saw on the cake site I like to frequent, CakeCentral. The directions were great and it turned out even better than I imagined! How fun is that? I don't know if I'll ever roast a real Tom again, might just stick to this version.


These gift package cakes were for a corporate holiday party down on the Plaza. A friend of mine from High School, Erin, planned the catering and thought of me. I was so pleased with how they turned out...and how great to get back in touch with an old friend!


This shot is just without the flash, you can't see the shimmer on the gumpaste bows quite as well, but I like it better. Oh, these are the yummy flavors...chocolate with whipped chocolate ganache filling & chocolate fudge frosting; classic white with lemon filling & buttercream; almond cream cheese with buttercream. Delish!

No comments: