Friday, February 16, 2007

How, Now, Do We Live?

As I read this devotional today it just clicked. This is how I desire to live my life. This is what glues generations together. This is what I've been called to and for--at least in this season of life. How nice that someone was able to articulate it for me! (In case you don't go read it...it speaks of practically demonstrating God's hand in our life to our kids...and ways to do it).

When we had our first child, an aunt wrote in our congrats card that we had just entered God's greatest mission field...being a parent. Not having grown up in a spiritually nurturing environment, translating that truth into my reality has been challenging. But God has been SO good and faithful to demonstrate the "how tos" through his Word, friends, family, LB and the always present influence of dedicated bloggers :) !

Mark 4:10-11, “When he [Jesus] was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. He told them, ‘The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables’” (NIV).


No comments: