Friday, December 30, 2011

Gettin Crafty after Christmas!

We stopped by Eric's cousin Kari Dru's AWESOME store in Emporia, Kansas, on our way home from Christmas celebrations with my fam. Whoa!


Studio 11 is the name, and it's like Etsy in person! It was like being surrounded by goodies and num-nums that all were calling my name. Kari and her business partner are both artists in their own right, then also consign other handmade items by local artisans, creating quite the funky boutique.

Zane boy fell in love with the monster dolls...giving me great inspiration to use up some of my fabric stash! So wah-lah! Here's the result...one very funky monster for a very happy boy.



He likes the cape the best cuz his monster can "fly like this...ssshhhhooooo!" Kai also jumped on the bandwagon and is almost finished...just needs to finish stuffing and add the antennae eyeballs.

Food-wise, I didn't get crazy with the gingerbread this year. I only got wild enough to make little Christmas mice candies at Jodi's (from Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade magazine--no recipe on her site though). They were, frankly, a pain in the neck. But they did get easier as I went along...and looked better :) Plus, they all tasted yummy!

No comments: