Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Silly Rabbits

So, Maria, since I've been a slacker blogger, here's a random post to keep my quota up :) !

Right now Kai is bathing his dragon (aka stegosaurus) in the downstairs bathroom sink. He is singing a little song and has used half a travel sized tube of Country Apple lotion as the soap. The hand towel is completely drenched...and--oh, yes, the water is running again...must have needed a warm up refill in the 'tub'!

Elena is sleeping after a 20 minute tantrum and discipline session. She flipped out when I asked her to take off her new Cinderella dress for lunch...she is currently struggling with submission to authority. Is there a four-year old who isn't? We have small breakthroughs here and there, but it's a continuing battle.

Here is a picture with my kids and nieces, Naomi and Stella (the middle two redheads), from before Christmas...I haven't even uploaded from the camera since then!



Eric and Elena and I visited Discovery Homeschool Academy this morning and are really excited to enroll her for the fall. It is a one-day/week enrichment program for homeschool kids...a little taste of classroom school with fun things like art, music, PE and school lunch! She said she thinks she'll like the arts and crafts the best. Her friend, Aidan, will also be starting Kindergarten at home and is planning on going to Discovery too.

I'm planning for the Powell Gardens bridal fair coming up in February where I will have a demo cake and hand out info & samples for my business. My friend Molly is going to spend the day with me...I'm just as excited for the girl-time as I am the potential for new business! My goal is to have my dummy cake (which will be in competition with all the other cake vendors' dummies...some who TOTALLY intimidate me w/their awesome talent) done by next week so I won't have to scramble after vacation.

I also just got word yesterday that I have another couple who wants to contract me for their May wedding...yay! Soooo...now I'm also doing a pricing review, something I should probably do annually anyway. I've been keeping my bridal prices cheap since I'm just starting out...but now that I have some experience, I'm going to actually make enough to pay myself...how about them apples? Duh. All in all the cake world is still staying fun...especially as I get to do new things...like I made a sculpted fondant teddy bear for a baby shower cake this week. He's really fat and really cute. I like the artsy stuff!

Okay, so that's a wrap on this random post...I'm sure there's more to come sometime....Peace.

No comments: