Friday, May 15, 2009

It's that time of year again!

Garage sale time!! Those of you who know me, know that bargain hunting at garage sales is near and dear to my heart. I go with a list of items I need (clothes for next seasons for the kids, home/household stuff etc.) and anymore, I actually stick pretty close to it. I've learned over the years that extra junk just is extra junk so the list thing helps immensely!

This week there were several neighborhood sales...sadly, I spent all my fundage before hitting them all, but I'm proud of myself for not driving straight to the ATM for more cash...hear "self-control, self-control, self-control", deep breath in!

My bestest find was a new-to-me dryer! Our current dryer is 25+ years old and though it works well for normal loads, cloth diapers take 3 cycles to dry...cha-ching goes the electric bill. $35 for the one I found yesterday...even is the same brand and probably close to the same year as our washer...bonus! I flipped those cool mini-van seats into the floor and they loaded it up. The gal who sold it to me just won a new front-loader set...I'm trying not to be jealous.

I also purchased summer clothes for myself, Elena and Kai. Winter coat and some shoes for Kai-boy and a book shelf for Zane's room. Some school supplies, a family night neat wooden game called Mancala, a brand new pink duffel bag for Elena's soccer gear,and a thermos for making an emergency bottle of formula on our summer road trips!

So, just thought I'd share my finds :) Now back to laundry, dishes & babies!

No comments: