Friday, March 17, 2006

Stop the Cart!

Stop the cart...back up: beep, beep, beep. Unload onto the horsey! No change...just sing: "da-da-dum-da-da-dum-da-da-dum-de-dum, da-da-dum-da-da-dum-da-da-dum-de-dum!" This is what I call "Professional Mommy" at her best.

Never mind that it is 4 o'clock Thursday, I just dropped $200 into the grocery beast and I'm pushing around the BIGGEST cart you've ever seen (you know--the ones made to hold two toddlers, a baby and 2 weeks worth of household consumables)--I can and do stop the cart half-way out the auto sliding doors and reverse back up to the horsey for 3 minutes of heart-thumping galloping and mommy-singing the theme from the Lone Ranger. I actually started to ingnore my little ones' pleas to back up with my mind focused on the tasks ahead: load the car, unload the car, load the pantry, feed everyone...but something inside my heart stopped---"Pleeeaaassee! The Hooorrrssseeeyy!"

Love what you do, do it with love and a cheerful heart. So I reversed. I smiled outside and in. I sang. (Oh dear!) And they will *hopefully* remember the joy of life as little ones. What else could be more important? Loading the pantry? I don't think so.

No comments: